Epic Maple Carrot Cake Oats


Hi friends. Today, I felt like sharing with you one of my all time favorite oatmeal recipe: carrot cake oats! When I first heard of putting carrots in oatmeal, I really thought it would taste weird and... it just seemed odd to me. However, when I first tried it I really fell in love with this recipe and now I'm constantly making it for breakfast. 

What I like the most about oatmeal is really how simple it is to make. Personally, I always cook oatmeal on the stove because I feel like it just tastes better than microwaving it. Feel free to cook your oatmeal the way that works best for you though! Carrot cake oats is a great way to get your veggies in right when you wake up. It's a great kick of vitamin A. I won't talk for much longer, here's how you can make your own.

y o u  w i l l  n e e d :

3/4 cup finely grated carrot
1/2 cup quick oats
1 cup water
1/2 cup milk (plant-based obv, do I look like I breast feed to you?)
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp ground flaxseed
Top with maple syrup, chia seeds and banana slices or whatever you prefer.

s t e p  b y  s t e p :

1. Bring the grated carrots to a boil with 1 cup of water and cinnamon. Cook for about a minute. 
2. Add the plant-based milk, ground flaxseeds and oats. Cook until the liquid is all absorbed. Voilà!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Instagram