Orange Tofu


When I first turned vegan, I remember telling myself «Dammit, no more orange chicken!». However, little did I know had that time that I could easily make orange tofu and that it would be so much more healthier and delicious. It took me a few times in order to make this recipe the way I wanted it to turn out but the final product is really amazing in my opinion. Hope you will like it too.

y o u  w i l l  n e e d :

3/4 block firm tofu
1 tsp corn starch
1 tbsp soy sauce (i personally left this ingredient out of the recipe in order to make it low sodium)


for the orange sauce:
1 tsp orange zest
1/3 cup orange juice
1/2 cup water
2 tsp cornstarch • 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
1 tsp fresh ginger, minced
1 tsp fresh garlic, minced
1 tbsp maple syrup


s t e p  b y  s t e p :

1. Cut the tofu into cubes and marinate in the soy sauce for a couple minutes. After marinating the tofu, coat the tofu cubes in the 1 tsp of corn starch and place in a 350F oven for about 10 minutes.
2. In a small bowl, mix all the ingredients for the orange sauce and set aside.
3. Take the tofu out of the oven and place the tofu cubes in a pan. Add the orange sauce and cook, stirring frequently, until the sauce gets thick and coats all the tofu pieces. I served the tofu with rice noodles, carrots and green peas.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Instagram